I have created this 21 day cleanse that is made by my experience from different health related books. By following this cleanse you will be able to bring your body back to healthy shape. You can follow it if you have strayed from your Paleo lifestyle and have eaten foods you should have avoided. Anyways, with this you will be able to cleanse your body and start living your Paleo lifestyle again.
This article will include foods that you should avoid for now and what you can eat.
What to Avoid
You need to avoid these foods at all cost as they are not Paleo in my diet:
- Vegetable oils. Instead use oil, coconut or palm oil.
- Don’t even consume ghee or pastured butter.
- Legumes and Beans (which includes soy and peanuts). Snow peas, green beans and sugar snap peas are allowed.
- Artificial, natural or refined Sugar. No coconut sugar, maple syrup, nectar, stevia, raw honey or agave etc. You can eat fruits and dried fruits but if you are working on losing weight then reduce the amount of fruits you eat. Eat fruits like berries which contain low sugar as compared to high sugar containing fruits like bananas.
You also have to avoid these inflammatory foods:
- Seeds and nuts which also include butters and oils made from seeds and nuts.
- Nightshades which includes tomatoes, peppers (hot and sweet both, like cayenne, jalapeno, paprika etc.), eggplants and potatoes. It is fine to eat yams or sweet potatoes.
What to Eat
With that much of food products out of the picture, you must be wondering what’s left? Well, there are many things you can eat in Paleo diet:
- Vegetables excluding nightshades as mentioned before.
- Includes shellfish and fish caught from the wild.
- Meats (free range and pastured is preferred). Includes chicken, pork, lamb, bison, turkey, beef etc.
- Good fats which includes olives, coconut meat, avocado, olive oil, coconut butter and coconut oil.
- You can make fresh fruit juice and use it as sauce or for including in recipes. Just avoid drinking lots of orange juice. Dried Fruits are fine to eat to but eat them in moderation. Make sure no added sugar is used to sweeten the dried fruits.
What You Might Avoid but You Can Eat
You might think that these foods are not good for you but they can be eaten without any worries:
- Coconut aminos
- Vinegars which include rice, apple cider, balsamic and coconut.
- Sausage which don’t include cayenne or paprika. Also, it should not contain any other non-paleo ingredient.
- Bacon (pastured and nitrate free). Will be hard to find with zero sugar so if it contains 1 or 2 percent of it then it is fine to consume.
Cleanse your body with these recipes. These recipes are made to be followed on five days of the week; you can eat the leftovers on the remaining two days. For lunches, go with vegetable salad with added protein like grilled chicken. Follow it on all five days. For Breakfast, you cannot have egg so frying vegetables with eggs is not an option. Instead go with steak, burger or fish leftovers to cover up the protein demand. If you are out with leftovers then go with ham, bacon or sausage.